I was invited by Joy Felizardo to join the BergHOFF event with Chef Michelle Adrillana and Philip Abadicio last December 13, 2013 at The Fundamental Kitchen in Rada St. Legaspi Village, Makati City. It was Friday the 13th and some people say that such a day is unlucky. But for me, it was a totally jammy night.
Some may already know that Philip is the host of the “Philip – Lifestyle Guy” show in TV5. But even before that, he has already established his name as a guy behind the success of RPA & Communicate, his PR firm, where he gets to master the lifestyle industry. His background has associated him with different celebrities including celebrity chef Michelle Adrillana.
Chef Michelle Adrillana
For an HRM graduate like me, the name Michelle Adrillana may not sound new as she is the owner of Flavors on Fire Catering Services. But it was only then that I finally got to meet her. I found out that she wasn’t really known in the cooking industry eight years ago. She even said that, “…if you don’t know how to cook, don’t worry, there is a hope for everybody.” Every entrepreneur had their fair share of humble beginnings. Take Chef Michelle for instance, she became the driver, marketer, and secretary to run Flavors on Fire Catering Services. It was three years ago when she began her business and she has continuously kept having great ventures with BergHOFF as her tools for cooking.
Established in Belgium in 1964, the Vanthoor Family founded BergHOFF. It became the first factory-direct cookware company that sells the products directly to the company’s stores. After the success of its expansion in over 70 countries, it arrived here in the Philippines in 2009. Most recently, BergHOFF launched The Fundamental Kitchen line for exclusive, direct-sales operation aligned with the A-market for the showcase of its up-to-date and advanced cookware design and innovations. Below is the information about the INNOVATIVE and remarkable product features of BergHOFF.
- CroMoTanium. Chromium. Molybedenum. Titanium. Cookware made of these cooks food up to 30% faster than the other cookware. Moreover, it is dishwasher-safe and easy to clean.
- IMHE. Internal Mirrored Heat-deflecting Shield. This special interior is designed to reflect the heat inside the unit allowing the food to cook faster and more evenly.
- 3. Accuthermo-Compact Bottom. It is a highly durable designed base produced using a 1,200-ton press. It contains the Copper-Core Smart Chip which enables the cookware to have unsurpassed heat conductivity, which translates to fast and even heating.
- 4. Designed for Induction Cooking Systems. It is highly resistant to warping, and it remains flat before, during, and after cooking.
- 5. Future-Proof. It is compatible with many cooking systems – standard gas stove, induction stoves, halogen, up to vitro-ceramic stoves. Why future? Because they have designed these products to last. They offer a lifetime warranty for their products.
“With BergHOFF cookware, it is very possible to cook Sinigang na Sugpo in 6 minutes, to fry a chicken without oil in 20 minutes, and bake a cake in 7 minutes” as said by Neil N. Sagun, the National Sales Director of The Fundamental Kitchen.
After the cooking demo, my fellow bloggers and I were fortunate to taste the dishes of Flavors on Fire and the Cappellini in Prawns in Brandy Cream Sauce by Chef Mich and some of Flavors on Fire’s dishes.
Eat Your Heart Out Event
The event would feature short business talks, career talks, entertainment, tips on manners and etiquette, culinary competition, and cooking demos from celebrity chefs. Raffle draws and special prizes from their sponsors such as Calayan, BergHOFF, and Gastro Chef Philippines, await the attendees. Ticket is priced at P600 for individuals and P1,000 for couples.
Did I fill you too much information? Don’t miss this event, register now and experience flavors on fire!